Effective Date: April 8, 2020
Last Updated: April 15, 2020
Featherstitch is only meant for persons in the United States and does not intend to offer goods and services to persons outside the United States, including in the EEA/ European Union.
Table of Contents
12. Contact Us
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when you use our Website and Services. The information we collect and the purposes for which we use it will depend to some extent on the specific Services you use and how you interact with Featherstitch. Some of the information we collect may constitute “personal information” under applicable data privacy laws.
We may collect the following types of Personal Information as described below:
(A) Personal Information you provide to us,
(B) Personal Information we may automatically collect, and
(C) Personal Information we may receive from third parties.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us
In using our Websites or Services, you may provide us with Personal Information, which may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- Contact information, e.g., name, email address, postal address, phone number, account username or screen name, and password;
- Demographic information such as birth date, gender, religious affiliation, lifestyle information;
- Survey information, if you participate in a survey, such as answers to questions regarding lifestyle, preferences and location
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Payment and transaction information including credit or bank card information, shipment information;
- Preferences for communications;
- Communications and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys, polls, and online forms;
- User-generated content, e.g., photos, videos, audio, information about your events, any information you submit or post to Featherstitch, reviews you leave for vendors, and feedback or testimonials you provide about our Service
- Access to your geo-location (including through our mobile app(s))
- Social media information, including data held on social media platforms and other software (for example, access to your contacts, calendar or photos) in accordance with your privacy preferences on such platforms;
- Communications with vendors and partners, e.g., your in-Services messages and calls to vendors and partners, and information surrounding those messages such as the date/time of the communication, the originating number, the recipient number, the duration of a call, and your location as determined by your area code;
- During contact with our call center, we collect information about you when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service through our toll-free number; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Personal Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Websites and Services may automatically collect certain Personal Information about you. This Personal Information may include (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive):
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, such as through your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Websites or Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Websites or Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our Websites or using our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other Personal information;
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our mobile applications;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from
C. Personal Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may receive additional Personal Information about you from third-party websites and privately-owned databases, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat (“Social Media Platforms”), third party data providers, and sources providing publicly-available Personal information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service), including for the purposes described in Section 3 below.
Personal Information we may access from Social Media Platforms may include, but is not limited to:
- your Social Media Platform login information
- your geolocation data
- your profile information
- your list of contacts, friends or followers
- certain Personal Information about your activities and interactions on the Social Media Platforms
Please keep in mind that when you provide Personal Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Personal Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform. Please review the privacy policies of the applicable third party website or Social Media Platform for their privacy practices.
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Personal Information
We use and process your Personal Information for the following types of purposes (the examples provided are illustrative and not intended to be exhaustive).
- To provide you with the Websites and Services, and related promotions, newsletters and information you request
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and other third parties, including in response to survey responses provided by you, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications (See, “Our Right to Contact You” below)
- For billing and payment processing
- To deliver personalized advertising and content
- To fulfill contracts we have with you
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Websites and Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Websites and the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services
- To perform analytics for business purposes and business intelligence, such as monitoring traffic to our Websites, counting ad impressions, and auditing legal and regulatory compliance
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, products and Services, databases and other technology assets and our business, including preventing fraud, detecting security breaches and prosecuting violators
- To identify and repair errors in our Websites’ functionality
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which Personal Information we hold is among the assets transferred
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Personal Information and/or pursuant to your consent
B. Disclosing Your Personal Information to Other Parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to other parties, including:
- Our affiliates, including but not limited to entities within the Gannett/USA Today Network.
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf. We may share information with service providers, including billing and payment processing, sales, marketing, advertising, data analysis and insight, research, technical support and customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and legal services providers.
- Third Party Partners for Marketing Purposes. We may share your information with partners whose offerings we think may interest you, including based on your responses to certain survey questions or other information you have provided to us.
- Advertisers, advertising technology companies, analytics companies and other third parties with whom we have business relationships
- Government regulators
- Our legal advisors and parties involved in a legal process
- To an entity involved in the sale of our business
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or Services we provide to you
Yes. Cookies and similar technologies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to a computer’s hard drive through a Web browser (if the user allows) that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize the user’s browser and capture and remember certain information.
In addition, you may opt out of certain interest-based advertising by using the following resources:
(a) You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
(b) You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
(c) You may opt-out of having your activity on our Websites and Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
Certain features of our Services may make it possible for you to share comments publicly and privately with other users, such as through our public forums, chat rooms, blogs, personal messages, review features, and message boards. You should be aware that any information you provide or post in these ways may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. While we do not have an obligation to monitor the content of messages sent using our Services, we reserve the right to, in our discretion. We encourage you to be cautious about the information you submit (e.g., choose a username that does not disclose your personal identity). Whenever you post something in our Services, social media and any other third party platforms we control, it may be impossible to remove all instances of the posted information, for example, if someone has taken a screenshot of your posting. You may be required to register with a third-party application to post a comment.
We use commercially reasonable procedures and various technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features.
If you believe that your Personal Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, please promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
As required by applicable laws, and subject to any permitted exceptions and limitations, we will comply with any verified consumer request you submit with respect to your Personal Information. Please submit a verifiable consumer request to us through the web form link provided below in Contact Us.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information “Contact Us” below with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information from our databases.
Call us at +1 (844) 510-3710
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org